Pricing is by the hour with addition costs added per lb of the part.
We do not cover any shipping costs to or from us.
Also Known as Vapor Blasting, Liquid Honing, or Wet Abrasive Blasting.
- Cleans by flow of water and abrasive running across the part surface not by sheer force and impact like in conventional dry blasting operations.
- Water acts as a lubricant or barrier between the abrasive media & components surface protecting the substrate from erosion and distortion normally found in dry blasting environments.
- Wet blasting can provide a slight surface peening depending on the abrasive media used helping make the substrate harder and more stain resistant ideal in restoration applications.
- One of the clear advantages in the wet slurry process is the fact that no media is impregnated into a softer substrate like aluminum, brass and bronze.
- Within wet slurry environments the water and moisture traps and reduces the harmful dust particles that have been found to have negative health effects when inhaled.
- Since the water cushions the abrasive media being used this greatly extends abrasive life normally around 8-10 times longer than a dry blasting process.
- Closed loop machinery that recycles the abrasive and water decreasing operating cost.
- No heat warping with thin parts with the impact protection of the water as a barrier. When part distortion and close tolerances are of concern wet blasting is a great option for processing and testing your parts.
- Eliminates the need to use nasty chemicals which are found in rebuild shops around the world. These chemicals come with costly disposal fees and hazardous work environments.
- Leaves a very attractive satin finish on many different substrates like stainless steel, aluminum, brass.
- Provides an excellent lightly etched surface for bonding within the specialty coating markets. While helping retain part form and function.
- Provides an excellent surface for plating by cleaning the topography of the surface. With the flushing action of combined water and abrasive allows optimal surface cleanliness and preparation for final plating operations.